Content Editor and Curator
- Location: Christchurch
- Exercise your creative talent and writing skills
- Join a rewarding and fast moving organisation
ARANZ Geo is a rapidly growing international software company who specialise in the interpretation and visualisation of geoscience information. As the global provider of the market-leading Leapfrog software suite, we are continually pushing the envelope and innovating in our target markets. Our company was born in NZ and after experiencing massive headcount growth over the last couple years, we now have employees in 15 countries across 4 continents.
ARANZ Geo Expert Services is our client-facing team, who provide expertise and guidance in quantifying geological variability and uncertainty. Serving the global mining market and now growing in the Energy, Civil and Environmental sectors, our Experts become an integral part of our client’s team by providing consulting services and assistance across a wide range of projects.
The Role + Opportunity
As Content Editor and Curator you will gather Value Stories from across the business, bring them to life, and publicise them through written, visual and multimedia platforms. Your audience will include a wide range of technical and non-technical groups internally and externally. Our expert services team gathers a lot of knowledge in their day to day job. We need this knowledge and expertise to be captured, documented and made available to other experts within AGL.
You can't be shy about going after certain people to extract information!
You’ll also manage the storage and cataloguing of project reports and value stories, including tagging and taxonomising so that our global teams can easily access and reference this knowledge and learning to improve how they assist our clients.
The core of your role will stretch well beyond simply capturing stories. You will curate an ever-growing body of work, sourced from around the world, into a vibrant collection of knowledge that engages, teaches and inspires.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Professional Writing, English, Technical Writing, Communications, or similar field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years working with technical content
- Examples of technical content writing, articles, white papers, etc.
- A strong editorial background and exceptional skill in proofreading and creating, implementing, and ensuring adherence to technical style guides
- Good judgment and open communication
- Demonstrated success at learning and explaining business/technical processes
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholder needs in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English
These are also preferred:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical/engineering field
- Work experience in a global team environment
- Previous usage of content management system
Competencies required to be successful in this role:
- High technical aptitude
- Sharp interviewer, with ability to establish credibility/rapport and ability to ask revealing questions
- Strong writer/storyteller – multi-media storytelling experience is an advantage
- Quick, eager learner
- Appreciation for commercial/business dynamics
How many experts does it take to change a light bulb? We are not sure of the answer either, but we do know that it takes a special mix of individuals across a range of specialities to do what we do!
So, what exactly makes our people so special? Well we think we have got the secret recipe ….
Take a scoop of passion, a dose of technical talent, a truck load of enthusiasm to tackle gnarly problems, mixed with a huge amount of collaboration and banter.
Throw in several shots of real coffee, a range of outside interests including surfing, rock licking, mountain biking and running, and maybe a Star Wars movie or two. Let it rest and enjoy the talent.
Then bake for a while in an inviting environment that is supportive, multi-cultural and challenging.
Finally, season with delicious lunches, craft beer and fresh fruit.
We serve our clients, hot and fresh products and services that are world class and hit the sweet spot!
If this is the role for you, send us your CV and a motivating cover letter.