- Christchurch based role
- Fast growing and fast paced technology company
- Work closely with our global sales team and senior managers
Are you a smart, pragmatic and commercially savvy junior to mid-level qualified lawyer? Would you like to work for a fast growing and fast paced technology company with a global customer base?
ARANZ Geo develops innovative 3D data modelling, interpretation and visualisation software and associated products for use in the mining, environmental and energy sectors. We are an established organisation with teams all over the globe selling our software and supporting our customers. An opportunity has arisen to support the General Counsel in our Christchurch headquarters. You will be responsible for providing support across the full range of in-house legal functions and work closely with our global sales team and senior managers.
You will enjoy all the opportunities and benefits of working in-house with great work-life balance and a fun and relaxed work environment that values initiative and creative thinking. You will have the opportunity to develop your commercial and strategic thinking as well as providing sound legal support to the business.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A good level of commercial contract negotiation, review and drafting skills and the ability to explain contractual terms and legal issues clearly and concisely
- The ability to identify risk in commercial environments and suggest appropriate mitigation strategies
- Excellent communication and relationship skills and the necessary confidence to get the job done
- The ability to see the big strategic picture and understand how that can be impacted by the details of the day to day contracts and legal matters that we deal with
- Experience dealing with e-commerce, technology and/or IP law and licensing matters
- Experience in corporate law or co-sec support would be an advantageLanguage skills, especially Spanish, Portuguese or Russian would also be an advantage but is not essential
- A willingness to manage the more administrative tasks involved with the role as well as the meatier legal issues
You will need to have the requisite qualifications to work as a lawyer in New Zealand but we will consider non-New Zealand qualifications, particularly from the UK, Australia and Canada. There are also opportunities for travel and, in the right circumstances, longer term secondments to one or more of our global offices. Salary and benefits will be competitive.