ARANZ Geo specialises in the interpretation and visualisation of geoscience information. As the global provider of world leading software and consulting services to the Mining, Environmental and Energy sectors, our head office resides in Christchurch, New Zealand. With teams in 10 countries around the globe, we are supporting our customers through innovative technology to speed up solutions, overcome problems and obtain long-term business goals. We’ve got a great team of passionate individuals with a collective interest in geology and all thing science. We offer our employees a platform to grow their careers and develop their skills and every now and again need to go to market to reel in fresh talent.
This role is about continuing ARANZ Geo’s face-to-face customer service program by providing the highest level of attention to customers at all stages of their interaction with Leapfrog from evaluation at the pre-purchase stage, to setting up new customers, and assisting experienced users who require technical support. A substantial part of this process is building stronger relationships based on listening to and understanding our customers’ needs and implementing solutions. Being hands-on, task orientated and customer focused, this role is responsible for providing both technical and sales deliverables, deep product knowledge, quick response times, careful analysis and problem solving. Travel away from the regional office will be about 25-50% of your time.
You have the opportunity to make a real impact by being able to visit our customers and provide on-site demonstrations, effective training, project support and knowledge based community building events. Although regularly situated in London, you will still be a part of the global Technical Services team, who is responsible for ensuring that we cover Europes wide geographical spread and time zones.
- Proven business development experience, ideally mining industry related
- University Degree in Geosciences
- Fluent English. Other languages advantageous
- Work experience in mine operations, exploration or consulting
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build enriching working relationships
- Proven team player with a self-starter attitude and ability to work well independently, at times remotely, and self-manage workload effectively
- Balanced and informed approach to problem solving
- Tenacity, persistence and focus with a great appreciation for detail
- Innovative, open and able to work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Based in the UK office (Chesham, London)
- Ability to travel across Europe
Join an office that supports its employees and offers great reward for a job well done. Be a part of a collaborative team based in Chesham. This position is ideal for someone who loves to meet people, travel and seek new opportunities for personal growth.