Regional Director - Africa Region
- Growing, global innovative company.
- “Lead from the front” role.
- Grow our brand and increase our representation in Africa.
Over the last 3 years, ARANZ Geo has experienced high growth of the User base and global distribution of the Leapfrog3d suite of software solutions. To continue this success, we need a Regional Director for the Leapfrog brand to further grow our business and increase our representation within the wider Africa region.
This role is all about managing, developing and growing the Leapfrog brand and business within the Africa region.
This is a key role within Leapfrog and reports directly to the Leapfrog Global Channel & Sales Director. You will have input into the company’s operational and strategic plans for the Africa region and ownership and responsibility for execution against these plans. This includes responsibility for the retention and growth of customers and top and bottom revenue lines. You will also have accountability for developing and executing against Key Account plans in line with the company’s direction. It is expected that your experience and knowledge of the market will assist you in developing further understanding of the Africa markets and therefore enable you to identify new opportunities.
Communication effectively is key to this role and having French as a second language is imperative to the success of this role.
This is a “Lead from the front” role and you will be expected to play a very “hands-on” role within the company with two primary areas of responsibility and ownership. Firstly, you will provide decisive direction and leadership within the Africa region. You will direct and be supported by your team who all need to have a strong focus on sales, getting results and building/maintaining positive customer relationships. Being successful is all about working collaboratively and constructively with all areas of the ARANZ Geo business.
Secondly, you will develop the Africa market in regards to the Leapfrog product suite and manage this to the point where all parties achieve their set goals, objectives and revenue targets and ARANZ Geo maintains a leading market position in 3D geological modelling and visualisation products.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
Education and Experience
- Requires a relevant degree – ideally in Geology and/or business;
- 5+ years’ experience in sales and business development ideally within a technical/geology industry.
- Demonstrated successful contract negotiation experience;
- Experience working with international clients; and
- Excellent knowledge of the company's and competitors’ products.
- Must have sound management and team leadership skills
- Must have a focus on sales, possess knowledge, skills, and experience in the sales of technical/scientific products;
- French as a second language is imperative to this role;
- Must be skilled in marketplace analysis, contracting, pricing practices and effective sales management;
- Must possess excellent skills in communications (both oral and written), negotiation, analysis, reporting, training and setting priorities;
- Must have excellent time management, decision making, presentation and organisation skills. Professional appearance and presentation required;
- Must be able to relate interpersonally with all levels of the organization;
- Must apply initiative in actively seeking and pursuing client leads; and
- Must possess good working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications.
- Must have a high energy level and be able to work under pressure;
- Must possess the ability to be persistent, patient, innovative, and work in a fast paced and constantly changing environment;
- Must be able to interact effectively with customers from different cultural backgrounds;
- Must be able to work independently, as well as be a team player;
- Must show leadership attributes and communicate effectively to appropriate contacts;
- Must have a quick-response capability and be able to effectively multitask and prioritize multiple tasks.
Regular travel will be a requirement of this role. This travel will include visiting the APAC head office in Christchurch, New Zealand and attending off-site meetings, conferences and trade-shows, as well as visiting current and prospective customers and distributors.
If successful, you will benefit from working in an exciting and growing company. There is a lot to do, but there are great people around the globe to to guide, push and support you.
We place a lot of value in our staff; working with them to find out what they love doing and what they do best. We endeavour to give them many opportunities to develop and grow in their careers whilst offering them flexibility around family and interests.
If this environment sounds like you and you meet the requirements of the role, please send us your CV and a Cover Letter, describing why you would not only fit right in, but why you would add something special to our global family.