Systems & Implementations Engineer
- Fantastic opportunity to support a global business based out of Christchurch.
- Friendly and supportive team and fun working environment.
- Great salary, nice perks and lots of opportunities to shine!
ARANZ Geo specialises in the interpretation and visualisation of geo-science information. We are an established global software and consultancy provider to the Mining, Environmental and Energy industries, with our head office in Christchurch. We have teams all over the globe, selling our software and supporting our customers to overcome problems and attain long-term business goals.
Due to considerable growth of the company and resulting upcoming projects, we're looking for an experienced Systems & Implementations Engineer to work in our IT team in Christchurch.
This role has 2 aspects:
- To maintain our global IT infrastructure and be responsible for documentation, asset tracking and maintenance of our device fleet. Undertaking new projects, for example, the implementation of new servers and services is a requirement. Being involved with process improvement and future planning and strategy of IT infrastructure is required, and a key component is to assist staff with day to day IT issues, including setting up and inducting new staff.
- To build, develop and support our Central Enterprise technical implementation process for our software to our customers.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, ideally a Diploma or Certificate in Information Technology.
- Strong IT/Systems Administration experience and sound knowledge of information management practices and protocols.
- Experience in the administration of electronic documents and records management.
- Good understanding of business processes and how to support them with automation.
But we're all about WHO we hire, not just what you can do. The right person for this role needs to:
- Be comfortable working with and supporting all levels of the organisation and customers.
- Enjoy looking after customers, suppliers and staff and do so in a professional and courteous manner.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to develop and build sustainable working relationships.
- Be able to work well with other team members and provide support, coaching and training as needed.
- Be persistent, patient, innovative, and not get flustered working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Have a balanced and informed approach to problem solving.
- Be open to providing and receiving feedback from a number of sources and to grow personally and professionally from it.
- Have the motivation and ability to initiate tasks without direction and to use initiative.
- Be comfortable to plan and work independently on a day to day basis, to cope with a varied workload and be able to work unsupervised and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Own a positive “can-do” and team focused attitude.
Plus of course, the basics:
Being able to prepare and respond to detailed requests for information in a timely and accurate fashion and possess excellent skills in time management, communication (oral and written) and setting priorities are basic requirements of the role. Diligence and being methodical in following processes and procedures, whilst having attention to detail, respecting timeliness and being able to effectively multi task are keys to success. You will also always exercise absolute discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive work.
If successful, you will benefit from working in an exciting and growing company. There is lots to do, but there are great people to here to guide, push and support you.
We place a lot of value in our staff; working with them to find out what they love doing and what they do best. We endeavour to give them many opportunities to develop and grow in their careers whilst offering them flexibility around family and interests.
We feed and water them too...with lunches and morning teas, a high-end coffee machine, craft beer Friday evening events and other nice stuff. We celebrate contribution, dedication, innovation and fun but also mistakes…we never let a good mistake go unnoticed!
If this environment sounds like you and you meet the requirements of the role, please send us your CV and a Cover Letter, describing why you would not only fit right in, but why you would add something special to our team.
Closing date for applications is Friday 26 August 2016.