- 2. By accessing our Websites, you are taken to have accepted the terms of this Policy and consented to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with its terms. Should you disagree with any aspect of this Policy, please stop accessing and using the Websites.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3. In order to provide products and services to you, and ensure that your use of our Website is enjoyable, sometimes we need to collect personal information from you. This is information which identifies you. The types of information we collect are explained in detail below at paragraphs 5 to 9.
- 4. Situations where we may collect personal information from you include when you:
- (a) visit, use, or register to use, our Websites (including any products or services offered by us and available on and through our Websites);
- (b) register for, or take part in, training or events;
- (c) post Material on any forum or blog available on and/or through our Websites;
- (d) apply for a job with us, including by submitting your CV;
- (e) are provided with customer services or support; and
- (f) contact us.
Types of information collected
- 5. We collect personal information that you supply and automatically collect some information each time you visit our Websites. In all cases we will only collect your personal information through lawful means.
- 6. When you visit our Websites, you may be asked to provide certain information. Where you provide any such information this is collected by us. The types of information which fall into this category include your name, email, address, username and phone number. While you do not have to provide your personal information to us, please note that failure to do so may mean that you are unable to access and utilise all functionality of our Websites, products or services.
- 7. You agree that we may retain personal information provided by you and associate any such personal information with any other information that has lawfully been gathered from other sources (for example, you consent to us associating and/or matching your personal information with information collected from third parties, including social media accounts, that you associate with the Websites).
Automatically collected information
- 8. We will automatically collect some information each time you visit our Websites. For example, we may automatically collect keywords you use to find us in search engines, the web pages you visit, the web browser you use, parts of the Websites, products or services accessed by you, access times and duration, your operating system and your IP address.
- 9. This information is collected when you visit without the need for you to submit this information yourself. It is usually anonymous, except where you have previously provided your personal information to us and have cookies enabled. As above, you agree that we may retain any such personal information, and associate and/or match it with other information lawfully obtained from third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 10. In general, your personal information (collected through our Websites) is used to help us improve your experience and enable us to conduct business with you.
- 11. You agree that we (along with our related companies, employees, officers, agents, contractors, affiliates, distributors and business partners) may use your personal information, including at the time it is collected, and to:
- (a) help us provide, administer and improve the Websites and any related products and services;
- (b) carry out Website data analysis and research (including market research);
- (c) provide you with information about new products, services or websites offered by us and/or our related companies, affiliates and business partners that we think might be of interest to you;
- (d) fulfil a trial, order or other product or service related activities;
- (e) send information, products or services to you (whether physically or by electronic means);
- (f) process invoices and payments for products and services purchased by you; and
- (g) communicate with you.
- 12. Please note that we may aggregate and use any information that we collect from you, and that does not identify you, to help us better understand our customers and provide them with better service.
WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
- 13. The nature of providing online products or services means that sometimes we may disclose your personal information to others. However, generally, we do not disclose information to third parties. We may in certain circumstances disclose your personal information:
- (a) to related companies, employees, officers, agents, contractors, distributors, affiliates and business partners and service providers for the purposes noted at paragraphs 11 and 12 above;
- (b) for the purposes of supporting the sale or transfer of all or part of our business or assets; and
- (c) when we believe, acting reasonably, that we are required to do so by law.
- 14. You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to the parties, and in the circumstances, listed above.
RETENTION, STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 15. Please be aware that information transmitted over the internet is inherently insecure and is susceptible to loss, interception or alteration while in transit. Information that we collect may be stored by us or on our behalf for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes outlined in this Policy. Information may be transferred to servers in jurisdictions other than the jurisdiction in which the information is collected. Information may be stored and processed by third party service providers including Marketo Inc., MS Dynamics, and PayPal Pte. Ltd (trading as Braintree).
- 17. A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser or your computer hard drive. Some cookies will only exist for the duration of your visit to our Websites, but some may remain present for a longer period for when you revisit our Websites.
- 19. In certain situations, the cookie may be linked to personal information that you have previously provided through our Websites. For example, your name and email in a web form. The data provided may be used to remember your preferences and personalise the content of our Websites, making it easier to find the information that you are looking for.
- 20. If you are concerned about cookies or want more information about them, you can visit aboutcookies.org. You have the ability from within your web browser's settings to control whether to accept all cookies, be notified of a cookie or refuse all cookies. Instructions about how to configure your web browser setting can be found on aboutcookies.org. If you decide to turn cookies off, please note that some areas of our Websites may not work properly.
COOKIES WE USE ON THE WEBSITES
- 22. The information below provides a summary of the different types of cookies and an overview of their purpose.
|SQ_SYSTEM_SESSION||This cookie is essential for making the website function correctly. No personal information is recorded.|
|Google Analytics is used to understand how visitors use the website and helps identify where improvements can be made. Data collected is anonymous and not personally identifiable. |
|Addthis allows you to share content from our website across your social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and others. |
Social networks you are signed into may also be collecting information about websites you are visiting. View further information about Addthis cookies.
|Used by Google to store user preferences and enable the site to be +1ed if signed in.|
This is used by Twitter for some sharing functionality used on this website.|
This allows you to "like" the page if you are signed into Facebook.|
|We host all our video with Wistia and they are embedded throughout our website. A cookie is used to gather information about the number of views and page loads of videos.|
|YouTube may be used as the video player on several legacy pages on our website. Where used it may employ cookies to provide some features, functionality and gather analytical information.|
We use Marketo to track the web pages visited, forms completed and content downloaded etc. Data is anonymous until you provide personal information in a form or make a visit to our website after opting in for an email. |
Once your personal details are known all previous and subsequent website activity will be recorded. This information is used to understand what products and services you are interested in, to provide you with relevant content such as events, white papers and email communications.
External website links
- 23. Links to third parties are provided on the Websites. We do not necessarily endorse all third party websites nor do we accept any responsibility for the privacy policies of these external websites. External third party websites may have their own privacy policies which you should review prior to using such sites.
Modifications to Policy
- 24. We may revise and update this Policy from time to time. Where this occurs, the Policy will become effective from the date it is posted to our Websites. It is your responsibility to check the Policy regularly and ensure you are familiar with its terms.
- 25. You may opt-out of receiving promotional and marketing information from ARANZ Geo Limited by using the "unsubscribe" link contained in the email or by emailing us directly.
Contact and complaints
- 26. To contact ARANZ Geo Limited about the Policy with any questions or comments, please send us an email [email protected].
- 27. If you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which we have collected, used, disclosed or stored your personal information, please contact us by:
- (a) Email: [email protected]; and/or
- (b) Post: PO Box 42002, Christchurch 8140, New Zealand.
- 28. Please mark your correspondence to the attention of the Privacy Officer.
29. In order to resolve a complaint, we:
- (a) may liaise with you to identify and define the nature of the complaint;
- (b) may request that you provide the details of the complaint in writing; and
- (c) will inform you of our decision in resolving such complaint including the legislative basis of the decision.
Accessing, correcting and deleting your information
- 30. Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to, and to request correction of, personal information that we hold about you. We have the ability to access, change and update your personal information, but we cannot do this to aggregated and anonymised data.
- 31. If you would like to request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer as outlined at paragraph 27 and 28 above.
- 32. This Policy applies to anyone accessing the Websites. It is governed by, and sets out how we comply with, New Zealand privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1993.